Tuesday; April 28

You may have heard this statement a time or two, “God is with us, we are going to be okay”.  Maybe you have even heard words like these, “I will say to the Lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!  For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper and from the deadly pestilence.’” (Psalm 91:2-3).  These are pretty common sentiments being bantered around these days – but, are they true?  (Okay, I just heard that screech as people stopped to reread that last question.)  Yes, I really did ask if we believed these statements are true.  I mean let’s face it, people – even good people – are getting sick and some of dying from an unseen disease.  Some people are facing financial setback because of a sagging economy.  There are a lot of people who are dealing with emotional scars that will have an impact on them for a long time to come.  So, I go back to my question, are we really going to be okay? 
I believe we can answer in the affirmative if we understand what it means to be okay.  If we measure success by health and wealth there is a chance that our world might fall apart, but if we see things through the eyes of God, we can have faith in deliverance.  When we believe that God will provide for us even if we don’t have a dime, we will be okay.  When we are convinced that our eternal spiritual life is more valuable than our earthly life, we will be okay. 
It is tempting to view things through earthly lenses and human values.  When we do, it is easy to see how difficult things are (and might continue to be).  However, when we share God’s view of success and victory, no matter what happens, we are going to be okay!
         Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6