Monday; December 2

         
         At the beginning of last week I developed a bit of a stomach bug.  It really didn’t cause me much of an issue, but I didn’t really feel that great nor was I too excited about eating.  As the week progressed I started feeling better and by the time Thursday rolled around, I was ready for the day’s activities.  In fact, there was a bonus in not feeling great earlier in the week, when Thanksgiving came I wasn’t too concerned about feeling stuffed before enjoying the meal! 
          In all reality last week’s episode had an impact on me.  The last time I had these symptoms was prior to being hospitalized in May.  I was never really concerned that last week’s symptoms would produce the same result, but it did remind me that I hadn’t been doing everything I should have been doing for good heart health.   I can’t say that I was thrilled with not feeling well, but it was a good wake-up call for me.
          Have you ever thought about why we experience minor inconveniences in our lives?  I am sure there are as many explanations for them as there are people who have them, but could it be that bumps in our road are there to keep us on the straight and narrow?  Kind of like those grooves they cut into the center lines and outsides of our roadways, these rumblings remind us that we might be entering dangerous territory.  In and of themselves, they may not be life-changing, but they can put us on notice that we are deviating from where we should be.
          Is there something that is a constant, annoying reminder of it?  Is there something we should be doing differently? 
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6