Wednesday; September 26

Have you ever looked at something dozens of times, then all of sudden, it seems like it just finally gets your attention?  The other day I pulled up my online Bible and came face to face with this passage:  Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God.” (Romans 15:7).  I know I have read this before and I am pretty sure that I have preached on it (and maybe even wrote an article or two about it), but for some reason when I saw it the other day it just jumped out to me!  As I sat there and absorbed the truth of the message I was struck by its depth.  How in the world could I rationally look down on anyone when Jesus was willing to accept me warts and all?  How could I question anyone’s value when Jesus was willing to make my sorry-self glorious enough to stand before God?  How could I flippantly criticize someone else knowing that I had been judged and condemned for my sinful self; then vindicated by the forgiveness Jesus brought into my life?  Wow, what an eye-opener!
I hope that this week’s reading of this passage will stick with me for a while.  Yes, I still need to be concerned about the spiritual state of others, but now it is out of a desire that they will find the hope that I have.  From now on, I hope that my evangelism is focused on helping others elevate their status, not merely attempt to prove their religion wrong!  Maybe this time, I will be so thankful for what Jesus has done in accepting me that I will help introduce others to Him so that He can do the same kind of work in them.
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6