Wednesday; August 7

          I have been blessed with a pretty quick recovery from some health problems I had at the beginning of the summer.  My recovery has gone pretty smoothly and I am feeling really good.  In fact, last weekend I was able to mow the grass (which was a sign that things are almost back to normal).  I am thankful for the prayers and the blessings of recovery.  However, that has also created a bit of an issue for me because my doctors want me to go to cardiac rehab (and I don’t really want to go).  It isn’t that I don’t think I can do it, I just don’t want to put out the money and effort it is going to take to complete the program.  I feel good, I think I can do it on my own – why should I do their routine?  The answer is that I have developed decades of bad habits and this is my chance to make some changes to get my physical health back on track.
          As I processed through this cardio rehab issue, it got me to thinking how many of us struggle with something similar in our spiritual and moral lives.  We know that there are things we could (and should) be doing better.  We know what we should be doing to correct them, we just never get around to doing them.  Consciously, we are aware of our faults, but emotionally, we just choose not to deal with them!
          Let’s not wait until we have a major life event to change the seemingly insignificant issues in our lives.  Today is the day to get back on the right track.  If we aren’t careful those unattended to issues can create some major heartaches.
         Think About It! 

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6