Wednesday; June 12

One of things I have learned about myself over the past few weeks is that I may not be the best patient.  Yes, I have tried to do what the doctors have told me to do and I do my best to be polite to those working with me to get me back on track; however, one of my flaws is that I am not real good at letting people do things for me that they want do.  In a world that is typically “me-oriented” where people are apt to take more than their share this may seem a bit odd, but I tend to be on the other end of the spectrum.  There are a lot of people who want to help, but I refuse their help or ignore their offers under the guise of being self-sufficient.  The ability to do for ourselves can be admirable; but sometimes it is more noble to allow others to assist us and use the gifts and talents they have been given.  There is nothing worse than not being able to use the gifts we have been given ... and nothing more frustrating than watching someone muddle through something we could help them do.
It is easy to see this being played out when someone is suffering some kind of physical ailment, but this can happen in so many aspects of life.  Are we willing to swallow our pride and let others help us?  Are we willing to back off from doing something that we can do ourselves just to allow others to grow and develop?  Remember, it isn’t about being needy, it is about helping others fill the role God has granted for them.
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6