Wednesday; May 8

I enjoy modern technology.  It is easy to jump on the bandwagon of a movement to condemn modern advances, but the truth of the matter is that I have embraced it and am thankful for it.  I have a smart phone, several computers, television sets with digital capabilities and all kinds of cool stuff.  I can’t tell you the last time I actually purchased a paper book and it if weren’t for the electronic adaptations made by the print media, I probably wouldn’t have read a newspaper or magazine for a long time.  Yes, I like living in the 21st Century!
Now, having said all that, I must admit that all this “stuff” does tend to distract me.  No, I am not just talking about distracted driving, I am talking about distracted living!  With the world at my fingertips, too often I lose sight of what is right in front of me.  Whether it is a beautiful flower in the garden, the smile of a young child in the line at the grocery store, the wisdom of an older person at church or the magnificence of the stars on a dark country night; it is easy to be connected to the world but disconnected from what really matters.
I encourage us to enjoy the great big modern world, but let’s not lose sight of the things that are close to home.   Grasping the greatness of all that encompasses us today is exciting, but let’s not overlook the simple (and powerful) moments that surround us each and every day.
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Thursday; October 19