Tuesday; April 16

I am becoming forgetful as I get older and it has nothing to do with the dulling of my memory.  (Yes, I do have more of a problem remembering where I have left my keys, but that’s not what I am talking about today.)  My memory problems stem from me forgetting to smile.  I think it is easy to become jaded and overwhelmed by the cares and negativity of the world and I just forget to find the pleasures in the world ... and smile.  So, I am going to make a commitment to you and me.  I am going to smile when:  I see a new blossom on my lime tree ... I don’t have to wear shoes to take out the trash ... I get a hug from my granddaughters ... I hear the frog chorus in the evenings ... someone leaves a Cadbury bunny on my desk ... I get a love note from my beautiful wife ... I get to roll over and hit the turn off the alarm knowing that I don’t really have to get up that early ... I hear a song that reminds me of the carefree days of youth ... I smell something being cooked on someone’s grill in the neighborhood and I see a squirrel handing upside down trying to get into my bird feeder.
Life is serious enough without us making it harder than it has to be.  Let’s be willing to relax and enjoy it when we can.
          Think About It! 

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6