Thursday; January 10

          Several weeks ago I made the commitment to get back to the gym.  I had gotten out of the habit and my mind and my body were both telling me it was time to make a change.  Well, after the first few days it started to become my routine and after about two weeks I was set – it had become a habit.  I kept going for a while, but I have to admit that I didn’t know if it was making much of a difference.  Sure, I was doing more than what I had been doing, but I didn’t feel all that different (much less better).  In fact, a few weeks into it I actually experienced a week when I felt like I was going backwards.  I was a bit discouraged, but fortunately, I didn’t stop.  It has been a couple of months now and I am starting to notice things getting better.  I am nowhere near where I want to be (or even where I had hoped to be), but I am making progress!
          Many of us may share this type of experience in our health, but have you ever faced something similar in making a significant difference in life?  Maybe we tried to improve the attitude at home ... maybe we tried to raise the productivity at the office ... maybe we tried to inspire the people in our classroom.  In the beginning it could have been fun and we may have even seen it as an exciting challenge.  We might have committed this renewed mindset into our routine.  Yet, what happens if we don’t immediately see the results we had expected?  The answer is simple – we just have to keep going!  Change is not easy and success is not quick; but if we stick to it, good things can happen.  When the Old Testament king, Asa, faced the challenge of shifting the priorities of a nation he was encouraged, “But you, be strong and do not lose courage, for there is reward for your work.” (II Chronicles 15:7).  In essence, let’s not grow weary of doing good.  When God is with us good things will come from good efforts.
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6