Monday; November 12

         
          It is easy to point out the flaws in our nation or harp on past failures, but when it is all said and done, this is a good nation made possible by good people.  Our system of justice is not perfect, but it is better than most.  Our leaders may not represent everything we expect from them, but for the most part they do care about our nation and those who elected them.  Our borders may not impenetrable and our defenses may not be indestructible, but we can sleep soundly at night without fearing an invasion from our foes.  This is still a great place to live!  
          Thankfully, when I went to my polling place last week I didn’t have to worry about someone standing behind me dictating to me (with a rifle pointed at me) how I was going to vote.  When I woke up this morning, I didn’t have to wonder if this was going to be the day that the invaders were going to attack my town.  When I left my house today I didn’t have to worry that before I got home it would be seized and used to quarter government (or opposition) troops.  When I drove to work, I didn’t have to wonder if I would be hit by mortar-fire or if a fighter jet was going to rake my vehicle with bullets or bombs. 
          As I look at our nation, I am grateful for the insight it took to create something this special – but, I am also mindful of the courage it has taken to maintain it.  The concept of our nation is the result of dreamers, but the reality of our freedom is made possible by the men and women who were willing to step up to serve us by protecting us.
          To all of our veterans – thank you!  We are blessed by your commitment and your courage.  We appreciate your service, your heroism and your willingness to keep  America safe and secure. 
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6