Thursday; October 11

The other day I did something I had been afraid I was going to do for a while.  On the weekends I tend to carry my phone in the front pocket of my shorts – which is also where I carry my cash.  I try to carry them in different pockets, but every so often they will end up in the same one and that can lead me to inadvertently pulling out my cash when I take out my phone.  On previous occasions I have saved a loss by finding my cash laying on the ground or in my chair, but last week I was not so fortunate.  Somehow, somewhere I lost some money.  I don’t know exactly what happened, but I would imagine it was lost when I pulled my phone out of my pocket.  As you might imagine, I was a bit irritated at losing the money and moped around for a while.  As I processed my loss I got thinking that it was about an hour’s worth of pay and that seemed to ease my mind a bit.  I still felt foolish, but it wasn’t the first time I have wasted an hour’s wage. 
As I thought about this rationalization, I was struck by another realization – how many times have a wasted an hour?  No, not an hour’s wage, but an hour!  I can probably get an hour’s wage back, but the scary thought is that I’ll never be able to get back any hours I waste.  I might be able to work overtime, borrow the money from someone or get a second job to replace any financial loses, but when it comes to wasting time it is irreplaceable – it is gone forever!
Are we as protective of our time as we are we are with our money?  It is great if we are frugal with the financial blessings we have and it makes good sense to be prudent in our spending and investments, but let’s make sure we protect our time.  Just like our money, our time is a gift from God; but the difference is that we can never recoup our lost hours.
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6