Monday; October 29


          One of the things the Apostle Paul did in the churches he planted and nurtured was attempt to build a solid foundation.  A portion of the groundwork he laid was establishing a spiritual leadership.  Not only did he teach what it took to be a godly leader, he also reminded the churches that they had a responsibility to honor their leaders.  Paul told Timothy, “The elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching.” (I Timothy 5:17).  He challenged the church in Thessalonica, “... we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work.” (I Thessalonians 5:12-13).
Some of you may have heard about what has been called “Pastor Appreciation Month” and I would like to add my thoughts.  Recently, I have been fortunate to be influenced by several men I would consider my “pastors” (also known as “shepherds”, “bishops” or “elders”).  Over the past four years these men have been my mentors and encourages.  They taught me how to live and showed me how to live better.  I would like to thank U. L. Campbell, Chuck Lipford, Tony Washington and Robin Pruitt who were our church leaders while we were in Orlando.  (Oh, and I would also like to thank my fellow laborer Ron Benvegna who has joined that team recently.)  I would also like to let Mike Brown, Tom Lyautey and Chuck Pirtle know how much I appreciate what they’ve meant to me during the past couple of years.  Gentlemen – you are a blessing!  Thank you all!
People are pretty good at showing their appreciation to their preachers, but let’s not overlook any of our church leaders.  They care about us and are doing what they can to help us become the best we can be.
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6