Friday; May 4

A few months ago I bought a Fitbit.  I had begun working out regularly and was interested in how my workouts and lifestyle was influencing my health.  Over the next several weeks I was fascinated by what the device could track and how I could use the features to monitor or adjust my daily activities.  Well, about a month ago I stopped paying much attention to my Fitbit – using it, primarily, as a glorified watch.  I rarely check my exercise status and pay very little attention to the applications that I once found fascinating.  Why the change?  I stopped working out.  About a month ago I allowed “life” get in the way of my physical fitness, so not only did I find the health and wellness tracker useless, it also became a guilt-ridden reminder of what I wasn’t doing!
When  was the last time we spent quality time with our Bibles?  It doesn’t matter if we have the old-school paper books or a spiffy app on our device; how much time do we spend with it?  Too often, when we begin to lose focus on our spiritual lives our interest in the Word of God begins to wane.  Our spiritual living may be uprooted by trials and temptations or it may merely take a backseat to our work-a-day world, but when we find ourselves limiting the time we spend in the Word it may be a sign that our spiritual health and wellness is being ignored.
David committed his life to God by writing, “With all my heart I have sought You; do not let me wander from Your commandments.   Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You.  Blessed are You, O Lord; teach me Your statutes.  With my lips I have told of all the ordinances of Your mouth.   I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies, as much as in all riches.  I will meditate on Your precepts and regard Your ways.  I shall delight in Your statutes; I shall not forget Your word.” (Psalm 119:10-16)  Do we need to reignite our spiritual lives?  Let’s renew our commitment to God and reengage our brains with His Word.
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6