Monday; February 19

          If you would like to feel old, just count up the number of presidents who have served during your lifetime.  For me, I am on number 12 – Presidents Eisenhower through Trump.  Now, if the sheer number isn’t enough to make you feel your age, think about it in terms of percentages – for me, I have personally lived under over one quarter of the presidents.  Wow!  Now, in an effort to balance that out, I have only seen one queen of England and somehow that makes me feel a little better.
          On this President’s Day I find it interesting to look back on how our nation seems to project the personality of our leaders.  We are blessed to have a balance of government where the power is not solely vested in one person, but we cannot deny how a president’s personality influences our outlook and perception.  As I look back, I can see the ebbs and flows ... the goods and bads … throughout the administrations.
          As I reflected on our chief executives, it drew my thoughts back to another leader, our King Jesus.  While we can be thankful that our presidents have stuck to the two term limitation, we are even more blessed by the fact that our King rules forever.   Because of His continual nature we have the ability to remain settled in spirit and behavior.  In fact, in honoring our King, one New Testament writer noted, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”. (Hebrews 13:8)
          Whether we are off from work and school or not, it is probably a good day to thank God for the leaders He has given our nation in the past and pray for the guidance of our current leaders.  As we do, let’s not forget to praise God for His greatest Gift – His Son and our Savior, Jesus the Christ.
         Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6