Thursday; January 4

I will be the first to admit it … I have become a cold weather sissy.  While people all around the county are dealing with cold temperatures I am realizing just how little tolerance I have for the cold weather.  Sure there were days when I used to be able to get out and be active when the wind chills dipped below zero, but, frankly I just don’t like it anymore!  I think I have become more like an alligator than a polar bear – the thought of laying in the sun next to a nice warm river bank sounds pretty good.
The reason I bring this up is not to complain – well, not really – but, to make a point.  When people would ask me how I could live in the frigid temperatures of the Northern Plains or the Rocky Mountains I would explain that it is just something you get used to.  Coming from Florida, in the beginning the cold was somewhat of a shock, but the more I was around it, the more comfortable I became.  In fact, there were times in my life when I got to where I enjoyed the cold weather – and would even brag about how cold it was.  Now, here is the point … are we doing the same thing with sin and evil in our world?  Have we become climatized to what is going on?  When a violation of our social or spiritual paradigm first arrives on the scene we call it a sin or bristle at its acceptance by society, but the longer it sticks around, the more we accept it as being the norm.  In fact, there are times when we become so immune to the evil influences that we are tempted to boast about how tolerant we are.
We cannot get so used to sin that it no longer phases us.  We are people of the Light, let’s bask in the Sonshine and flee the darkness of sin and satan.
Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6