Monday; November 13

Wouldn’t it be great if all of our politicians, social advocates, business leaders, school teachers and entertainment stars professed a belief in God?  Wouldn’t it be wonderful if they all openly identified with Christianity?  This may sound a bit odd, but my response is “No, not necessarily!”.
OK, now before everyone starts to hit the “Comment” or “Reply” button, please hear me out.  While I would like more people – especially those in public eye –  to live according to spiritual principles, I am leery about them advocating that lifestyle unless they are willing to genuinely walk the walk.  One of the most damaging forces on Christianity through the years has been hypocrisy.  When I use this phrase  I am not referring to well-meaning people who make mistakes, rather the reference is to those who advocate they are on God’s side while not making the good-faith effort to be true to Him.  I am inspired by godly people who live their faith in a public way, but I have little tolerance for people who use God’s name without applying His Word.  Just because someone says they are a “Christian” or a “believer” doesn’t make it so – and when someone wears the name without carrying it in their hearts – they make it more difficult for all of us. 
I hope that our young people have Christian role models in their sports stars and entertainers.  I pray that our political and business leaders will live by spiritual principles.  It is understandable to want to identify with a person who appears to be like-minded, but before we idolize someone or promote an individual’s agenda, let’s do our research to make sure they have the right heart, not just claim to wear the right name.
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6