Thursday; October 26

Over the last several months I have been concerned about the state of affairs in our society.  It seems like there is just so much going on that makes us wonder if there this any hope.  Well, after giving it a lot of thought, I came up with a brilliant (but simple) idea … people should start thinking better.  In fact, if they would just start thinking like me, all of life’s problems would be settled and we could move on in our quest for utopia!
After reading the preceding paragraph I imagine that you are either unrolling your eyeballs from the back of your head (if you are still with me) or you are laughing hysterically!  While the thoughts are tongue-in-cheek, they hit a bit too closely to reality.  Have you ever heard the phase, “Don’t confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up.”?  It sounds silly, but often it is just sad.  We talk a good game when it comes to seeking wisdom and engaging in meaningful discussions, but what does that really mean?  Unfortunately, for me, too often what I am really thinking is that people should just be listening to me!  I am all for the exchange of ideas as long as mine gets the last word. 
          Let’s be willing to seek wisdom, not just facts to back up our own opinions.  It is great to have convictions, but it is even better to actually be correct.
          Think About It!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday; May 3

Thursday; February 14

Wednesday; December 6